Dr. Rehan Naseemuddin
Dr. Rehan Naseemuddin, MD is a board-certified Gastroenterologist who diagnoses and manages a vast array of diseases that affect the gastrointestinal system. He completed his medical education and Internal Medicine training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
He completed his fellowship training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Naseemuddin’s professional interest lies in the management of functional gastrointestinal disorders. His primary goal is to use evidence-based medicine to deliver the best possible care and to educate his patients so that they can become their own health advocates.
Outside of work, Dr. Naseemuddin loves to spend time with his lovely wife, Noor, and his beautiful daughter, Salma. He is always looking for the next vacation destination.
1. Naseemuddin M, Iqbal A, Nasti TH, Ghandhi JL, Kapadia AD, Yusuf N. “Cell mediated immune responses through TLR4 prevents DMBA-induced mammary carcinogenesis in mice.” Int J Cancer. 2012 Feb 15; 130(4):765-74.
2. Yusuf N, Nasti TH, Long JA, Naseemuddin M, Lucas AP, Xu H, Elmets CA. “Protective role of Toll-like receptor 4 during the initiation stage of cutaneous chemical carcinogenesis” Cancer Res. 2008 Jan 15;68(2):615-22
3. Naseemuddin R, Singal AK (2015) Liver Transplantation for Alcoholic Hepatitis: Light at the End of Tunnel. J Liver 4:e110. doi:10.4172/2167-0889.1000e110 (Editorial)
4. Salameh, H., Hanayneh, M. A., Masadeh, M., Naseemuddin, M., Matin, T., Erwin, A., & Singal, A. K. (2016). PNPLA3 as a Genetic Determinant of Risk for and Severity of Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Spectrum. Journal of Clinical and Translational Hepatology, 4(3), 175–191.
5. Naseemuddin M, Shoreibah M, Underwood E, Peter S. “An uncommon and challenging case of upper gastrointestinal bleeding”
6. Allamneni, Chaitanya; Alkurdi, Basem; Naseemuddin, Rehan; McGuire, Brendan M; Shoreibah, Mohamed G.; Eckhoff, Devin E.; Peter, Shajan. “Orthotopic liver transplantation changes the course of gastric antral vascular ectasia: a case series from a transplant center” European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology: August 2017 - Volume 29 - Issue 8 - p 973–976
7. Malik Y. Ghannam, Mohammed Naseemuddin, Peter Weiser, John O. MasonIII. “Acute multifocal hemorrhagic retinal vasculitis in a child: a case report”. BMC Opthalmology 16:181, Oct 2016.
8. Tasnia Matin, Mohammed Naseemuddin, Mohamed Shoreibah, Peng Li, Kondal Kyanam Kabir Baig, Charles Mel Wilcox and Shajan Peter, Case series on multimodal endoscopic therapy for gastric antral vascular ectasia, a tertiary center experience, World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 10.4253/wjge.v10.i1.30, 10, 12, (30-36), (2018).
9. Ye, Chengcheng MD; Shah, Rushikesh MD; Naseemuddin, Mohammed MD; Mekaroonkamol, Parit MD Approach to Bleeding Downhill Varices: A Multidisciplinary Approach, American Journal of Gastroenterology: October 2018 - Volume 113 - Issue - p S1143 10. Peter S, Reddy NB, Naseemuddin M, Zaibaq JN, McGwin G, Wilcox CM. Outcomes of use of electromagnetic guidance with responsive insertion technology (RIT) during colonoscopy: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Endosc Int Open. 2019 Feb;7(2):E225-E231. doi:
10.1055/a-0754-1879. Epub 2019 Jan 17. PubMed PMID: 30705957; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6336464.
11. Naseemuddin R, Fritzen C, Freeman J, Keilin S, Cai Q, Willingham F.”Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography(ERCP) with Pancreatic Duct (PD) Stent Placement for the Management of Grade 3 or Higher Pancreatic Duct Injuries in Children with Blunt Abdominal Trauma.”(Prelim draft submitted to mentor).
1. Naseemuddin M, Patel R, Fitzmorris P, Shoreibah M, McGuire B, Massoud O. “Single center experience in treating HCV in decompensated cirrhosis with Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir, a noninterferon non-ribavirin regimen.” (Oral presentation). Society of General Internal Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia.
2. Hanayneh M, Salameh H, Masadeh M, Naseemuddin M, Matin T, Maslonka M, Petros V, Erwin A, Singal AK. “PNPLA3 as a Genetic Determinant of Risk for and Severity of Non-alcoholic and Alcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases (Poster). Digestive Disease Week, Honolulu, Hawaii
3. Naseemuddin M; Basem, A, Monkemuller K, Wilcox CM, Shoreibah, Mohamed G, Shajan,P. “Utility of Through the Scope (TTS) Radiofrequency Ablation in the Management of Gastric Vascular Antral Ectasia (GAVE)” (Poster). Digestive Disease Week, San Diego, California.
4. Naseemuddin M, Periera GB, Shoreibah M, Alkurdi B, Venkat K, Sugandha P “Hepatic Decompensation Is Associated With Higher Risk of Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia in Cirrhotics” (Poster). Digestive Disease Week, San Diego, California
5. Periera, GB, Naseemuddin M, Shoreibah M, Alkurdi B, Venkat K, Suganda P” Gastric antral vascular ectasia and metabolic syndrome – Is there a common pathway?” (Poster).Digestive Disease Week, San Diego, California.
6. Venkata K, Naseemuddin M, Singal AK, Jampana S, Anderson KE. “Interferon, Ribavirin or Direct Antiviral Agent-Based Regimens for Treatment of Hepatitis C Among Patient with Porphyria Cutanea Tarda” (Poster, AASLD 2016)
7. Shoreibah M, Venkata K, Naseemuddin M, Orr J, Zhang J, Massoud O. “Treatment of Hepatitis C Infection is associated with reduction in alpha fetoprotein levels” (Poster, ACG 2016)
8. Naseemuddin M, Shoreibah M, Abdel-Aal AK, Chiu S, Kim S, Massoud O. “Outcomes of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt placement prior to abdominal surgery in patients with hepatic decompensation.” (Poster, ACG 2016)
9. Naseemuddin M, Venkata K, Orr J, Shoreibah M, Peter S. “Gastric antral vascular ectasia and underlying microvascular or vascular disease: is there an association?” (Poster, ACG 2016)
10. Orr J, Naseemuddin M, Shoreibah MG, McGuire B. “Management of parastomal variceal bleeding at a tertiary medical center.” (Poster, ACG 2016)
11. Naseemuddin M, Nasti T, Yusuf N. “Loss of p16INK4a gene renders mice more susceptible to DMBA-induced mammary carcinogenesis” (AACR 101st Annual Meeting 2010‐‐ Apr 17‐21, 2010)
12. Deepthi M Reddy, Mohammed Naseemuddin, John O Mason, Jacob J Yunker, Duncan A Friedman; Choroidal Melanoma Biopsy During Brachytherapy Using 25-Gauge Vitrectomy Technique: Clinical Experience. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2014;55(13):2327.
13. Peter S, Reddy N, Naseemuddin M, Zaibaq J, Wise J, McGwin G, Wilcox CM. “Use of Endoscopic Scopeguide During Colonoscopy: A Single Center Randomized Controlled Trial” GIE. Vol 85, Issue 5 May 2017, Page AB261.
14. Naseemuddin R, Fritzen C, Freeman J, Keilin S, Cai Q, Willingham F.”Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography(ERCP) with Pancreatic Duct (PD) Stent Placement for the Management of Grade 3 or Higher Pancreatic Duct Injuries in Children with Blunt Abdominal Trauma.