Dr. George Nassar, M.D. is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology. Dr. Nassar graduated from the Universite Libanaise, Beirut in 1997. He has been practicing medicine for over 17 years.
In addition to general gastroenterology, Dr. Nassar’s main clinical focus is on advanced and interventional endoscopy, including diagnosing and treating pancreaticobiliary diseases and gastrointestinal malignancies.
Besides colonoscopies and upper endoscopies, Dr. Nassar performs the following procedures:
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with fine needle aspiration (FNA) and fine needle biopsy (FNB)
- ERCP (with stones extraction, placement of biliary and pancreatic stents, plastic and metallic)
- Drainage of pancreatic fluid collections/pseudocysts
- Endoscopic pancreatic necrosectomy/debridement of pancreas necrosis
- Endoscopic banding of hemorrhoids
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) involving endoscopic removal of large polyps and early gastrointestinal tumors.